Vocational and Non ATAR Pathways
Vocational pathways enable students to incorporate workplace training, real-world skills and hands-on experience into their HSC. There is a range of TVET subjects, apprenticeships and traineeship options.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) and TVET (delivered through TAFE) courses are practical subjects that can be studied alongside traditional subjects. All VET and TVET courses count towards the HSC and can lead to a nationally recognised qualification from TAFE NSW or the Board of Studies. Some VET and TVET courses developed by the Board of Studies also contribute toward an ATAR.
VET courses are:
- Designed to meet industry training needs
- Supported by industry, who help with curriculum design and course delivery
- Based on the national training curriculum
- Designed to meet national training standards
- Assessed on competency
- Designed to provide clearly defined pathways through to the workplace
- Accredited by both the Board of Studies and ASQA (dual accreditation).
VET courses on offer at The Riverina Anglican College
Further external courses on offer
Whitehouse Institute of Design KVB Institute of Design Academy of Interactive Entertainment These Private Providers offer courses in a wide range of interest areas. Courses are delivered in Year 11 and Year 12 in blocks during the school holidays.
- Animal Studies Human Services (ATAR)
- Automotive Mechanical (ATAR)
- Automotive Spray (ATAR)
- Aviation (Block Delivery)
- Beauty (Therapy)
- Business Services (ATAR)
- Children’s Services Community Services Work Dental Assisting Electrotechnology (ATAR)
- Financial Services (ATAR)
- Health Services Assistance (ATAR)
- Hairdressing Hospitality (ATAR)
- Horse Industry Studies Information and Digital Technology (ATAR)
Costs: This depends on the subject chosen. As a private school we are charged at Commercial Rates by the Training Provider.
An estimate of costs involved can be given when you know which areas of interest you would like to enrol in.
Transport to Classes: Students are responsible for their own transport from school to classes.
Please note: All courses are run subject to demand.
For more information contact:
P (02) 6933 1811