Music & Performance
Instrumental lessons, music ensemble and class opportunities at The Riverina Anglican College offers a broad range of musical opportunities for all students.
The Encore program provides an opportunity for students who play an instrument or sing to be in a music class with other students of similar experience and level. The Encore classes are differentiated from our standard music classes and allow students with existing musical skills to be nurtured and extended in a way that targets
and enriches their higher level musical development.
Students accepted into the Encore program will receive the following extended curriculum music experiences as part of Stage 4 classroom music:
- Small group specialised tuition (for brass, wind and string instruments)
- Contemporary band tuition (for piano, drums, guitar, bass, voice)
- Use of instruments and equipment (for piano, drums, guitar, bass, voice)
- Sectionals/technique classes
- Chamber music opportunities
- Performance/masterclass opportunities
- Music theory and composition classes
- Music production and recording classes
- Materials: Method book, Encore Folder, Sheet music as required
- Students accepted into the Encore program will also receive the following co-curricular music learning experiences to supplement their classroom music program
- Membership of any College Ensemble (Concert Band, Stage Band, Orchestra, Choir, Rock Band) at the discretion of the Director of Performance Music. The College Ensemble membership fee is waived for Encore students.
For more information regarding music programs contact:
Head of Music and Drama
P (02) 6933 1811