For Parents - Illness and Accidents

Illness During the Day

Any student who falls ill or is injured during the school day should report to the Administrative office for treatment. Ill or injured students will be admitted to the sick bay. Parents will be called if the Sick Bay staff consider it necessary. Students are not to call parents asking to be collected without the knowledge of staff.

Illness / Misadventure

Click here to view the process required if a student is absent due to illness or misadventure on the day an assessment task is scheduled or due. 


No medication is provided by the College for students. Parents of students who need to take medication during school hours should provide the medication with instructions for administration to the College office. The notification should include any possible adverse side effects and the recommended administering times and dispensing instructions. All medication is kept in a locked cupboard in the Sick Bay area. Where a student needs to carry asthma medication or an epipen, parents are asked to advise the College of this.

Accident Insurance

Insurance for injury at the College or on College based activities is taken out for each student at the beginning of Term 1. The fee is added on to the Term 1 fee statement. Our insurer is AON and the package we pay for is the Gold Plus Student Accident Protection Plan. Non-Medicare Medical expenses can be claimed as well as lump sum payments for specific incidents. Invoices which attract the Medicare rebate are the responsibilityof the parent/guardian. 

Student Accident Protection Plan 

Forms are to be completed by the parent, the treating medical practitioner and then signed off by the College Principal before being sent by the College to the insurer.

Student Accident Claim forms are available here.

Forms for the Medical Practitioner to complete are available here.

If you have any queries in relation to making a claim, please contact the Business Manager