Dates for 2013 are:
24 to 28 June 2 to 6 December
It is strongly recommended that students look at gaining experience in various occupations so as they have a working knowledge of the industry involved and whether they are suited to it. Work Experience also allows the student the opportunity to build on their resume and support applications for TAFE, Scholarships and Early Entry Programmes when leaving school.
Students are expected to have completed forms and returned details to school for Term 4 work experience place as soon as possible.
- If you wish to do work experience in the Building and Construction industry, that is, carpenter, plumber, electrician etc you need to be aware that to meet OH&S requirements you should hold a CONSTRUCTION INDUCTION for the industry.
- No one will be permitted to complete Work Experience in the Building and Construction industry without completing the course.
- Hospitals- Wagga Wagga Base and Calvary
- Work experience in these work sites requires you to produce a copy of you vaccinations to date and also have a TB injection. You need to contact the Respiratory Care Coordinator at Wagga Base on 02 69386680. You will get details of cost and how it is given.
For Year 12:
Upcoming careers events:
Where to find a job, what jobs might suit you?
www.Year 12whatnext.gov.au is a web site that provides some ideas and suggestions but a further search on the web will provide hundreds of possible opportunities to pursue.
While many school leavers want to go straight into tertiary education and training, many take a break in their first year out of school, to travel, pursue a hobby, earn money, or gain skills and life experience before moving on to formal study.
For what reason… Discover the real you? Earn some money ? Help others? Defending the country? Satisfying Government regulations?
Travel gives exposure to…
• new cultures religions
• broaden your horizons
• encourage self-sufficiency
• enhancing experiences
• opportunity to spend time outside of Australia
• earn some much needed cash
• become immersed in a new culture
Doing what ever comes along
• trying several careers
• building a wide range of new skills
• Making future contacts.
• demonstrates social awareness,
• sense of social responsibility,
• valuable work skills.
• possibilities are endless
Some web addresses you may find useful:
Google: AuPair programs
[EXPAND School Exchange Programs]